Tuesday 4 January 2011

The Ugly Duckling is FINALLY finished....

The school from my classroom window

Ok so yesterday school went fine... except for me having to run outta the classroom with a coughing fit!! My co-teacher was like "Do you need to go home?", but, after stealing a carton of the strawberry soya milk they give to the kids as snacks, I was able to stop coughing and I return!! My co-teacher is so nice after lunch she arrived back with a hot drink she had made for me that helps with colds. Anyway after school Dee made me help correct her tests again (what a good friend am I?) then we met Kelly and Ron, two more of the foreign teachers, and headed out to the local village for a few quiet drinks and some chicken wings...NICE!! Stopped into a chemist as well and was very surprised and relieved when the chemist spoke a little English...broken English but enough to get his message across and understand me!! So for the equivalent of 2 euro I bought some tablets for my sore throat, took them last night and today and they seem to be helping alright!! English really is such a universal language, I mean if the role was reversed how often do you think a Korean could walk into a village pharmacy in Ireland and find someone who could speak to them?? Headed home then to watch a little CSI: Miami, (sometimes you'd forget you're in Korea) and an early night!! School so far today is going fine... I think I have FINALLY finished the script for the ugly duckling!!! Wow that took a long time... I dunno how many times I have had to change it already!! Make it shorter, make it longer, the kids need more lines, they wont remember all those lines, this kid needs less lines, all the kids must have equal parts....and so on!! Apparently the parents and very particular but they pay a lot of money for their kids to go here so I guess they have the right to be... but after sorting it into the separate easy scenes with a few lines introduction at the start I think it is finally sorted and ready to go!! As well as the play for the talent show we are singing the song "Lemon Tree" by Fool's garden... just try to picture 7 Korean kids singing that song so far its like a cats concert but we've got a month and a half of practice more so fingers crossed!! Was planning on making the trip to E-mart tonight but apparently the bus is booked out because only 7 people can go so I dunno now what the plan is for this evening!! We'll see sure.. I'm sure I'll find something to do!! I may be going snowboarding tomorrow evening as well but we'll see about that... ye know what my balance is like and I'd like to still be in one piece for this weekend for your trip away down South!! But things change here in a heartbeat so who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment