Friday 31 December 2010

New Year's Eve! Let's make it a good one...

So last New Year's eve I would never have guessed in a thousand years that I would be spending this one living in South Korea! It's crazy to think how much has changed for me in just one short year... 2010 was certainly a year of big changes. I'm looking forward to what 2011 will have in store for me I've a feeling it's gonna be a good one! Anyway we never made it to E-mart on Wednesday but went to a smaller one called mega mart.. still fairly class bought a pair of jeans for the equivalent of ten euro and the best part is they are the right length of me!!!! How class is that? :D Thursday in school flew by I am really getting the hang of my class and I think they are getting used to me as well. Thursday night we headed over to another English couples apartment to watch tv downloaded on their laptop, so nice to watch english soaps. CNN and the discovery channel are interesting but sometimes you just need to chill!! Today in school was fantastic... it was the birthday party! They hold a big party once every 2 months so all the kids that had birthdays in November and December had a party together today! We played in the morning then had the party which was so nice... so much food too. Pizza, chicken wings, gim-bap (Korean rice rolls), cherry tomatoes, strawberries, oranges, Korean rice dessert, biscuits and of course chocolate birthday cake! YUM!!!!! I officially like Korean birthday parties!! Then just before I finished at early (3pm) one of my little kids gave me a card saying "Happy new year teacher Lisa. I love you. 31 December 2010." That just melted me then and there... I will upload a photo of the card when my camera eventually gets charged.. still no charger so I wont have any photos of Seoul tonight.. well none of my own anyway I will be relying on everyone else. There are like 8-9 of us heading there together so should be really good!! Cant wait... party Korean style!!! On that note I hope everyone has a very very happy 2011..

No comments:

Post a Comment